The North Florida TPO recently completed a study to determine public transportation needs and opportunities, and to explore and recommend bus transit options.
• More service coverage on Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach in the form of two new transit routes.
• More frequent and convenient service between the east side of Nassau County (Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, Yulee) and Jacksonville; and additional stops.
• More bus trips connecting the east and west sides of the county (i.e., connecting Yulee and Callahan/Hilliard).
• A direct connection from the west side of Nassau County (Callahan and Hilliard) to JTA’s new premium bus rapid transit bus service, the First Coast Flyer.
• New seasonal, weekend service to and from the beach.
• After a couple years’ service, evaluate service performance and consider additional hours of service (early morning/late evening hours) and weekend service, if feasible.