The North Florida TPO uses a variety of data in transportation planning:
- Blue TOAD (Travel Origin and Destination) sensors, part of our intelligent transportation systems program, collect travel time data.
- Traffic counts are used to measure traffic volumes compared to road capacity.
- U.S. Census data provides demographic information.
- Crash reports from law enforcement agencies provide information to develop safety initiatives.
- Environmental data is used to measure air quality, evaluate transportation impacts and develop mitigation strategies.
- Surveys are used to collect public input.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are used to display data in map formats.